iA Private Wealth Inc. offers a wide range of products and services to individuals, companies and institutional investors. In the context of its varied activities, iA Private Wealth is committed to ensuring that the interests of its customers always have precedence. Moreover, as a securities brokerage firm and member of the Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada, iA Private Wealth must ensure effective management of any situation which could give rise to a conflict of interest.
The organizational structure of iA Private Wealth is designed to effectively control conflicts of interest:
- The Research Department is partitioned in a part of the branch where only authorized persons have access via a magnetic card. Accordingly, Retail Representatives and members of the Corporate Finance Department have no access to confidential information that may be circulating among analysts;
- Employees of the Operations Department are physically separated, so no confidential information can be heard by the representatives at the branch;
- iA Private Wealth declares to its clients the important conflicts of interest about which an investor would expect to be informed;
- iA Private Wealth delivers a protocol of conflict of interest to every new account. Also, the iA Private Wealth account application form contains a statement of principles which is delivered to every client;
- The reference "related issuer’s security" is written on the client’s trade confirmation when transactions are conducted in investment products where iA Private Wealth is considered a related issuer;
- Disclosure of referral arrangements are provided to clients where the client is being referred to another entity for services and iA Private Wealth receives a fee for the referral.
Despite the above means of control, no firm or employee is free from conflicts of interest. This policy therefore aims to provide tools to identify, monitor and manage conflicts of interest.